The Aeryon SkyRanger™ introduces a new airframe and integrated system design to the Aeryon sUAS platform, based on thousands of hours of flight time and an impressive track record of successful customer exercises and missions around the world. Designed to military and government specifications, SkyRanger™ extends industry-leading performance and system capabilities.
Unlike fixed-wing systems, the Aeryon SkyRanger™ is a Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) sUAS — ideal for providing continuous eyes-on-target for situational awareness, operations in confined environments, and low-risk launch and retrieval without peripheral equipment. SkyRanger™ is ideally suited for both land and maritime military applications.
Aeryon SkyRanger Map Edition – NEW
The Aeryon SkyRanger™ Map Edition is a bundled option designed for any application that requires survey-grade accuracy orthomosaics, DSMs and point clouds from aerial or oblique imagery – and seamless integration with GIS, CAD, and traditional photogrammetry software.
The Aeryon SkyRanger Map Edition includes:
- Aeryon SkyRanger
- Integrated imaging payload for image capture (choose either the SR-EO/IR or SR-3SHD )
- Pix4Dmapper software to enable field and office image processing, including integrated tools for 3D output visualization and editing
For information about Aeryon SkyRanger Map Edition, visit our Integrated GIS Solution webpage.
SkyRanger™ Key Features
Intuitive interface and autonomous capabilities – no joysticks required
- Point-and-click touchscreen navigation and camera control
- Dynamic flight plans including Follow-Me™ protection and AutoGrid™ mapping modes
Advanced optics and networking – smart imagery and seamless integration
- Stabilized, simultaneously-streaming dual EO/IR high resolution cameras:
- EO: 1080p24 HD H.264 video, 15MP still images
- IR: 640×480 H.264 video and still images, white-hot and black-hot modes
- Low-latency all-digital network – 256bit AES encrypted streaming video to multiple devices, embedded geotags and metadata
Rugged, reliable and capable – dependable in extreme environments
- Up to 50-minutes endurance with payload, continuous operation model
- High wind tolerance:
- 40 mph (65 kph) sustained,
- 55 mph (90 kph) gusts
Pre-assembled backpack deployment – airborne in seconds
- Folding design protects payload & includes battery for powered standby
- Payload, battery, arms, and legs are easily replaced in the field without tools
Integrated Payloads and Solutions
Imaging and custom payloads work in tandem with the Aeryon sUAS platform to ensure reliable and repeatable collection of high quality imagery and data. Integrated solutions include visual and geo-referenced image processing software.
Aerial Intelligence at your fingerprints
A Simple, Easy-to-Use System
The Aeryon sUAS platform enables any individual to collect professional quality aerial intelligence with minimal training.
The Aeryon platform provides a host of advantages over traditional surveillance methods:
- Piloting expertise: Piloting the system is as easy as pointing at a map – no joysticks or pilot experience required
- Freedom of flight: The unique touch-screen interface allows you to fly beyond line-of-sight, or fly at night, without losing the location of your flyer
- Real time digital video to any device: Video can be streamed onto any mobile device with access to your IP network
- System controlled positioning: Internally stabilized gimbals keeps the camera focused on its target
- Use any map: Can be based on commercially available maps, or generated real-time
High End UAV Functionality
Autonomous System Intelligence
The Aeryon platform is an all-digital software platform with advanced features previously restricted to full size unmanned aircraft. Automated features and advanced fly-safe controls enable safe, reliable operation at beyond line-of-sight range, as well as advanced networking capabilities and system extensibility.
- Plan your flight or fly ad-hoc: The system can autonomously fly a programmed flight path or fly in manual mode
- Real-time digital video to any device: Video can be streamed onto any mobile device on your IP network
- Integrated imaging payloads: All payloads are seamlessly integrated, with independent stabilization and Click-to-Aim™ camera control
- Hot-swappable payloads: Switching between payloads is simple with automatic connectivity
- Fully secure digital network: The digital network and onboard data can be encrypted to ensure security, should the vehicle be compromised
- Smart batteries and charger: Flight time and battery minutes are displayed at all times.The system will return home and land automatically if user-configurable limits are reached.
- Interoperable: Ability to integrate the system with other IP-based network platforms
Built-in Safety Features
Flight safety is a priority, no matter the operating environment or project. The Aeryon sUAS platform offers superior safety over manned aircraft by removing the need for people to be onboard in potentially dangerous situations. With multiple built-in safety features, the Aeryon platform leads other sUAS with respect to safety.
- Intelligent fault handling: The system automatically detects potential issues – with configurable automated response behavior such as a return-home-and-land routine
- Automatic pre-flight checks: The system self-calibrates all of its sensors and performs self-tests prior to takeoff to check for errors
- No-fly zones: The system has the ability to set up visual no-fly zones
- Self-monitoring: Monitoring battery levels, in-flight wind speeds, and other system and environmental conditions are automatically handled by the system
- Battery communication: Battery minutes and flight time are displayed at all times.The system will return home and land automatically if user-configurable limits are reached.